Applications are now CLOSED.
Follow us on Social Media to keep up to date with when we re open Applications
The below information relates to 2019
BE FESTIVAL is dedicated to bringing the best emerging European theatre companies and visual artists to Birmingham and beyond. We offer valuable and innovative development opportunities to artists and the Birmingham community and seek to engage with audiences in unique and innovative ways.
BE FESTIVAL is an intense and exciting environment. It creates opportunities to connect and meet others, giving you an experience that goes beyond the programme. A dedicated and thoughtful volunteer network makes a huge difference not only for the smooth running of the festival but with helping create these experiences for our audiences and everyone involved. This year BE FESTIVAL will take place at The Birmingham REP between 27th – 6th July 2019.
Key Dates for the Festival include:
- Marketing Inductions – 30th or 31st May 2019
- REP Health and Safety Inductions – w/c 17th June 2019
- Festival Get In – 24th June – 1st July 2019
- FESTIVAL WEEK! – 2nd – 6th July 2019
- Festival Get Out – 7th – 9th July 2019
We are seeking energetic and dynamic individuals to form part of our Volunteer Team in celebration of the festivals 10th edition. The diverse, vibrant nature of BE FESTIVAL means we are able to offer a wide range of volunteer positions that provide unique and tailored work experience and professional development.
In any of our volunteer roles you may expect to:
- Support with get ins and get outs of festival venues
- Support our production teams
- Work behind our Karma Bar (if you’re 18+)
- Help with dinner service on the REP main stage
- Assist with the Box Office
- Gain valuable experience in Marketing and Print Distribution
- Form part of our Front of House team, welcoming, ushering audience into performances and the Festival HUB
- Expect the unexpected! The vibrant nature of the festival may require adapting to various tasks and multiple roles
In return for your time you will:
- Be encouraged to artistically contribute ideas to decorating of the HUB
- Gain valuable experience of working in hospitality – working behind a bar, food service and cash handling
- Gain valuable experience of working with an international theatre festival
- Meet and form a part of an incredible community of audience and artists
- See incredible performances for free (depending on which days you volunteer and availability)
- Receive free access to festival workshops
- Receive free food during the festival (on the days you volunteer)
If you would like to volunteer, please follow the link here:
and state why you would be the perfect Festival Volunteer and any relevant skills (for example, if you speak an additional language or drive a car) to email@example.com or call us on 0121 245 200 for any question you may have.
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
We look forward to hearing from you!