BE Next is BE FESTIVAL’s Youth Theatre Company. It offers young people in Birmingham aged 14 – 18 the opportunity to develop their performance skills, work with international artists and perform as part of a unique and exciting company.
If you have any questions about the programme, don’t hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.
BE Next is BE FESTIVAL’s Youth Theatre company. We offer intensive workshop projects for young people in Birmingham aged 14 – 18. BE Next is Birmingham’s only Youth Theatre which takes from European practices and teaches a wide variety of performance techniques such as movement, clowning and non-narrative theatre making. BE Next is an exciting and unique opportunity for young people to develop and diversify their performance skills, work with international artists and perform on stage across Birmingham. BE Next work with BE FESTIVAL artists to create a new piece of theatre every year which is performed as part of the festival.
Reasons to join the BE NEXT family
- Try something new, a different and unique approach to Youth Theatre
- Meet and collaborate with new people from different walks of life
- Learn new skills: each project will offer the chance to learn 3 – 4 different performance skills
- Workshops are free and we cover travel costs to and from venues
- Gain a recognised qualification through Arts Award
- Work with professional, international artists
- Free theatre trips and further arts opportunities through the BE Next network
‘I really enjoyed it, it has been really exciting to be part of’
‘Doing BE Next was an amazing experience which gave me a lot of confidence about speaking my home language’
‘The BE Next performance was very professionally delivered…I thought they were a very confident and articulate group.’
BE Next Producer:
All photos taken by Alex Brenner
BE Next has recently been supported and partnered by:
Arts Council England / mac Birmingham / Birmingham Repertory Theatre / Sir Barry Jackson / The Norton Foundation / Baron Davenport’s Charity / Amal / Peoples Postcode Lottery / John Feeney Charitable Trust